Learned a super awesome trick today for Canon DSLRs that get a hot/dead/stuck pixel on the sensor. It’s not foolproof and might not fix the issue, but it turns out that it has fixed the problem for many people including a friend of mine today, so that’s good enough for me!
- Take off your lens, putting the lens cap on to protect it.
- Put your body cap on to cover your camera’s sensor.
- Turn your camera on, and go to the second “wrench” setting page on the menu.
- Scroll down to “Sensor Cleaning”, Select it.
- Select “Clean manually”
- Click “OK” when it tells you the mirror will open up.
- Let the mirror stay open for about 30-60 seconds, and then turn off the camera.
- Put the lens back on the camera, turn it back on, and take a few pictures
- If you’re lucky, you will have risen your pixel from the dead!
Should we call it an excerpt from the NecronomiCanon? ;)